Social Media and Engagement Intern
Do you enjoy tweeting, sharing, chatting and posting to social media ? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? We’re looking for a social media and engagement intern to manage our social media accounts by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
As a social media and engagement intern, your key responsibilities include:
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable visual, written and video themed content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Optimizing online presence through search engine optimization.
- Contribute with news, blogging and improvements on online media.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Communication and marketing of our events and programs.
- Work alongside other marketers and content marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target audience.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
We are looking for you if:
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- You are currently undertaking your undergraduate degree, or cleared within the last year, specializing in media, communications, marketing or related field.
- You are active and have a well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each social media network and their best practices.
- You are a creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- You have experience with data-driven SEO analysis and optimization.
- You are familiar with WordPress, Google analytics, scheduling tools and design tools eg. Hootsuite, Photoshop.
- You are capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
- You have strong attention to detail and are able to produce accurate, quality work.
- You are flexible and can work virtually.
- Previous experience working within communications, digital media, content production or marketing is an asset.
You will love working with us if you’re looking to:
- A great learning experience and platform to jump-start your professional career and gain solid work experience.
- Contribute to inspiring and progressive work.
- Grow your professional network as you learn and work with us.
- Learn about innovation and entrepreneurship in Africa and beyond.
- Explore your own capabilities in a free environment.
Want to apply for this role? These are our four steps.
Send your CV in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the role as the subject line. We’ll get back to you within (latest!) 1 week.
During this initial 15-minute phone or video call, we will ask a few additional things about your past experiences and/or drivers, and also give you the opportunity to ask a few early burning questions.
During this 1 hour in-depth interview you’ll get challenged and be questioned on a few additional aspects for culture and role fit. You may also be required to demonstrate previous experiences if applicable. Again, as this process works both ways, this is another great opportunity for you to also find out more about us.
We’ll be honoured to offer you a social media and engagement position if qualified and look forward forward to having you work with us!