Program Associate Intern
We are looking for a Program Associate to drive our company’s programmatic activities and build the portfolio of networks, resources and materials needed to develop, execute and evaluate our programs effectively.
As a program associate intern, your key responsibilities include:
- Attract high potential and growth oriented entrepreneurs and community based organizations to our programs.
- Identify, recruit and select entrepreneurs and community based organizations to our programs.
- Identify, recruit and prepare externals where required for programs such as trainers, mentors.
- Plan, budget and execute project activities.
- Work with entrepreneurs and organizations we are building capacity with and provide individualized follow-up support.
- Prepare project participants and co-facilitate project activities and workshops.
- Respond to tenders/request for proposals and consortium requests.
- Explore alternative sources of project funding including crowdfunding and corporate sponsorships.
- Develop program concepts and proposals
- Collect data and information, develop required reports and documentation for funders, investors and other external stakeholders.
- Analyze and document activity impact.
- Collect feedback and provide input for future program improvements.
We are looking for you if:
- You have strong analytical skills and ability to conceptualize and concretize ideas and hypothesis.
- You are a people person; you love interacting with new people and guiding them on a journey.
- You are a natural relationships builder who does not shy from initiating conversations.
- You are informed and knowledgeable on general topics and have diverse interests.
- You are a natural problems solver; you have proven and documented results with minimum supervision.
- You are a great team player and work well in sync with others.
- You are not shy to approach big executives to support our project activities.
- You are inspired by entrepreneurship and collaboration.
- You keep yourself up to date and tuned to socio-economic and politics in the region.
- You have an undergraduate degree preferably in a business-related field or are in your third or fourth year of study.
- Past experience across different sectors is an added advantage.
You fit in well with our organization if you:
- You are passionate about growth and enjoy setting and beating targets.
- You are very interested in socio-economic issues, entrepreneurship, business and innovation.
- You thrive working in a fast growing environment and are flexible to adapt to change.
- You are always focused on delivering but also know how to have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- You are willing to work when and where the work needs doing.
- You are business-minded and street-savvy.
You will love working with us if you are looking to:
- A great learning experience and platform to grow your professional career and build on your skills.
- Work with innovative organizations.
- Contribute to inspiring and progressive work.
- Grow your professional network as you learn and work with us.
- Learn about innovation and entrepreneurship in Africa and beyond.
- Explore your own capabilities in a free environment.
Want to apply for this role? These are our four steps.
Send your CV in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the role as the subject line. We’ll get back to you within (latest!) 1 week.
During this initial 15-minute phone or video call, we will ask a few additional things about your past experiences and/or drivers, and also give you the opportunity to ask a few early burning questions.
During this 1 hour in-depth interview you’ll get challenged and be questioned on a few additional aspects for culture and role fit. You may also be required to conduct an exercise. Again, as this process works both ways, this is another great opportunity for you to also find out more about us.
We’ll be honoured to offer you a program associate position if qualified and look forward forward to having you work with us!