Communications & Outreach Intern
Impact Fusion is an open innovation and collaborative network by Kaspiq Group on a mission to build an impact-driven community of organizations through which we can advance strategic social change. We are looking for a Communications and Outreach Intern who will work closely with the director to grow and expand the Impact Fusion network of members, supporters and collaborators.This is an exciting new position for an energetic, outgoing and effective communicator who wants to both support and learn from a growing innovation-focused organization.
As a communications and outreach intern, your key responsibilities include:
- Research government agencies, organizations, and foundations with potential links or interests to Impact Fusion, and provide regular summary reports on this effort.
- Devise, manage, and coordinate assistance to the director in the form of multijurisdictional meetings, on-site visits, conference calls, phone consultations, and other means as appropriate.
- Develop written materials on the Impact Fusion projects and programs including social media posts, briefing information and other correspondence.
- Working with the director, develop and maintain relationships with potential project partners through outreach efforts.
- Coordinate the research on, outreach to, and follow up with private foundations, community organizations and government agencies, including maintaining a robust tracking system.
- Gather all necessary information and ensure that the director is appropriately prepared for all organized meetings.
- Help improve systems for tracking progress towards organization objectives.
- Related tasks as assigned.
We are looking for you if:
- You are a people person; you love interacting with new people and guiding them on a journey.
- You are a natural relationships builder who does not shy from initiating conversations.
- You are informed and knowledgeable on general topics and have diverse interests.
- You are analytical and a natural problems solver; you have proven and documented results with minimum supervision.
- You are a great team player and work well in sync with others.
- You are not shy to approach big executives to support our project activities.
- You are inspired by innovation and collaboration and have an interest in our mission.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- You keep yourself up to date with happenings in the region.
- You have an undergraduate degree preferably in public relations or communications field or are in your third or fourth year of study.
You fit in well with our organization if you:
- You are passionate about growth and enjoy setting and beating targets.
- You are very interested in socio-economic issues, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- You thrive working in a fast growing environment and are flexible to adapt to change.
- You are always focused on delivering but also know how to have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- You are willing to work when and where the work needs doing.
- You are able to work virtually with no need for constant supervision.
This internship is unpaid. You will love working with us if you are looking forward to:
- A great learning experience and platform to grow your professional career and build on your skills.
- Contribute to inspiring and progressive work.
- Grow your professional network as you learn and work with us.
- Learn about innovation and entrepreneurship in Africa and beyond.
- Explore your own capabilities in a free environment.
Want to apply for this role? These are our four steps.
Send your CV in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the role as the subject line. We’ll get back to you within one week.
During this initial 15-minute phone or video call, we will ask a few additional things about your past experiences and/or drivers, and also give you the opportunity to ask a few early burning questions.
During this 1 hour in-depth interview you’ll get challenged and be questioned on a few additional aspects for culture and role fit. You may also be required to conduct an exercise. Again, as this process works both ways, this is another great opportunity for you to also find out more about us.
We’ll be honoured to offer you a communications and outreach intern position if qualified and look forward forward to having you work with us!